Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Vegan on the Cheap by Robin Robertson

Hiya!
I have had this cookbook for a few years and just hadn't made my way to thumbing through it to actually make something from it. Last night was the night! And it was all soy delicious.

My dear friend Kelly was coming over before we were going to a concert and she has been going through some hard times, I wanted to create a comfort dish. This book offered me a recipe for "comfort loaf" .... score.

We had Comfort Loaf with Creamy Mushroom Gravy along with some mashed taters and green beans drizzled with garlic vegan butter. Delicious!

Dessert, of course. We had an excellent Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake. I was worried when putting this cupcake together as it seemed it would not be moist and the frosting would just be a sticky mess. End result, yes...not the moistest cake experience, but still delicious. The frosting was not insanely fluffy but I liked that the recipe wasn't a ton of confectioners sugar, so it evened out for me and the cupcake was delicious.



From this cookbook you can get the recipe's for the Comfort Loaf, Creamy Mushroom Gravy and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. I'm certain to return to this book, I'm only so sad it took me this long to dive in!

Here is the amazon link for this book, at $9.99 it's a steal!
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Cheap-Recipes-Simple-Strategies/dp/0470472243/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360693876&sr=8-1&keywords=vegan+on+the+cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment