Friday, February 15, 2013

Fried Chicken Sandwich with Bacon, Ranch & Pepper Jack Cheese on Ciabatta

Fried Chicken Sandwich with Bacon, Ranch & Pepper Jack Cheese on Ciabatta

This is my second attempt at this sandwich and I do declare this attempt was much better than the first. I took the Seitan recipe from my very first Vegan Cookbook "Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food" by Atlanta's Alicia C. Simpson. MmmmmmMMMM. I have made so many recipes from this book that all the pages are spattered with food, gross, I know. But it means the book is good! I made the seitan and then breaded it with the breading recipe from this book. The ranch dressing is a combination of a sour cream recipe from "Vegan on the Cheap" (mention in a post earlier) and ingredients from this book, the Vegan Comfort Food book's ranch dressing recipe. I put this baked Seitan on some fresh Ciabatta bread and topped it with some Lightlife brand Smart Bacon and Daiya brand  
 Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese.

It was like junk food without the junk...mostly! Try it!


You can get this book on Amazon.com here:

No comments:

Post a Comment