Thursday, February 7, 2013

Raw/Vegan Foodie's Party

Once a month I gather with like minded folk and we each make a vegan or raw dish. Each time is like Thanksgiving for me! I love it so much. There are always new people and everyone is always so excited to eat what others have made and share their own creations.

For the gathering in January I went all raw and made a Raw Pizza and Raw Carrot Cake.

BOTH....truly amazing.

If you are expecting "pizza", crust wise this won't be your thing. But the taste of the marinara and cheese is all there on a very healthy and protein packed crust made of nuts and seeds. One slice is very filling.

The carrot cake was the bomb! Again, this was all raw and one of the things I'm getting used to is the difference in texture. I made it in two layers as it is pictured here. I doubled the batch of frosting to make sure I would have enough for two layers, this left me with a little frosting left over that my friend Rachel used for her vegan/gluten free donuts. The base of the frosting is cashews, so delicious!

Just a note the the pizza crust will require a dehydrator.

Both recipe's were found in the queen of raw cooking's cookbook "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen" by Ani Phyo. I bought mine on amazon... here is the link to the book:

ttp://www.amazon.com/Anis-Raw-Food-Kitchen-Delectable/dp/1600940005/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1360285523&sr=8-5&keywords=ani+phyo



No comments:

Post a Comment